- Actually removes scratches, does not just fill them in
- Contains no wax
- May be used by hand or with a machine.
- Improves simple damage such as light-to-medium scratches, swirl marks or paint imperfections with no hassles and no wait
3M Scratch and Scuff Remover is an excellent fine-finishing product for removing multiple coarse-to-fine scratches, car wash scratches, blemishes, scuffs, heavy oxidation, light stains, tree/shrub streaks and surface contaminants from your vehicles clear coat. It will not damage the paint or clear coat. It will actually restore the brilliance and clear finish of the painted surface quickly and easily
Recommended use and evaluation of the surface to use the 3M Scratch & Scuff Remover: Wash the vehicle and get the surface area clean from dirt, grime and surface contaminants. The type of damaged areas fall into a couple different areas of damage:
(1) Above the paint attached defects/contaminants – such as paint transfer from vehicle or other painted surface; Industrial fall out; paint overspray; tree sap mist; and bird droppings AND
(2) Below the paint defects such as coarse-to-fine scratches, “touch” car wash swirl marks, heavy oxidation, etching, and blemishes. The easiest way to assess which type of damaged area you have is to run your hand across the surface. If you can feel it above the paint then activities such as “claying” the car with 3M Perfect it Cleaner Clay – 38070, will help to lift and remove the damaged area. If the damaged area is below the painted/clear coated surface, then 3M Scratch and Scuff Remover is the product that can help. It can be used by hand or by machine. Simply rub it on with a microfiber cloth
To Apply By Hand
- Apply to small areas, about one to two square feet.
- Dispense a quarter size drop of remover onto a clean, soft, microfiber cloth. Apply to the painted surface using a firm circular motion.
- Work the area using a firm, circular motion until the cleaner is dry.
- Remove remaining film using a 3M Microfiber Detailing Cloth (PN 39016
To Apply Using Tools
- Dispense enough material on the surface to work a one-foot by one-foot area.
- Buff area using an air or electric buffer equipped with a 3M Polishing Pad using light to medium pressure.
- Reduce pressure when product begins to dry.
- Remove remaining film using a 3M Microfiber Detailing Cloth (PN 39016)