Bondo® Glass Reinforced Filler, 00277, is a highly versatile auto body repair product. Our glass reinforced filler provides enough strength to use without backing strips, fiberglass mat, or cloth for many repairs; but using fiberglass cloth or mat is still an option if the repair calls for additional strength and reinforcement. Knowing that time is valuable in the auto body garage, we developed a quick-acting formula that is sandable in as few as 30 minutes, keeping auto body repair projects moving forward at a brisk pace. Compatibility with all paints makes the repair virtually hidden from sight.
This product repairs rusted out holes up to the size of a dime with a waterproof patch. Red cream hardener is included.
We at 3M are committed to helping you rediscover the excitement of the vehicles you own. Restore the beauty and value to your car by repairing auto body defects with fiberglass reinforced filler, a product with double the strength of conventional body filler. The added strength of this filler creates a durable, long lasting repair.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- Clean the repair area using soap and water followed by a residue remover or surface cleaner to remove dirt, grease, oil, wax and moisture. Allow to dry.
- Sand the surface with 3M™ Sandpaper 80 grit to remove all primer, paint or rust. Sand 1-2 inches beyond damaged area and down to bare metal. Remove all dust created from sanding with a dry cloth or compressed air. Re-clean the surface as in Step 1.
- Knead hardener tube thoroughly before using. Mix in small amounts that can be used in 3-5 minutes. Mix 3-inch diameter circle, 1/2 inch thick of filler with 3-inch long strip of hardener. Mix thoroughly to a on a clean, non-absorbent surface to uniform color at room temperature (75°-80°F/24°-27°C) using a Bondo® Spreader.
- Spread initial thin layer of mixed filler over repair area using firm pressure to ensure maximum adhesion. Continue to build layers as needed. For filling deep holes, apply thin layers versus one thick application.
- Let repair cure for at least 10 minutes. File excess material. Sand the repair area with 3M Sandpaper 80 grit to return the contours of original surface. Open any soft spots, dry fiber pits or pinholes with a sharp knife tip and clean area with cloth.
- To fill in pinholes and get a uniform, smooth surface for painting, topcoat the repair with Bondo® Body Filler. Follow directions for use on the can.
- Mask the area around the repair. Use primer to spray 2-3 coats evenly and cover the entire repair area. When dry, sand primer with 3M Sandpaper 320 grit. Apply thin coat of Bondo® Glazing & Spot Putty to fill in small imperfections. Sand with 3M Sandpaper 320 grit and re-prime with 2-3 coats. Wet or dry sand with 3M Wetordry™ Sandpaper 400 grit.
- Paint to desired color per paint manufacturer’s recommendation. Follow with 3M Sandpapers fine grit, compounds and polishes.
- Do not put mixed material back in the can. Clean tools with acetone.
Limitation of Liability
Except where prohibited by law, 3M will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the 3M product, whether direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential, regardless of the legal theory asserted, including warranty, contract, negligence or strict liability.
A recognized leader in research and development, 3M produces thousands of innovative products for dozens of diverse markets. 3M's core strength is applying its more than 40 distinct technology platforms – often in combination – to a wide array of customer needs.