- Ready to use right from the can
- Requires no mixing or hardener
- Cures in less than 20 minutes after being exposed to sunlight
- Repairs a variety of surfaces including wood, concrete, metal, aluminum, and fiberglass
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
00753 Bondo® Sun Activated Filler
Image SAFBefore.jpg and Image SAFStep5B.jpg
- Clean surface with warm, soapy water or a surface cleaner to remove dirt, wax, oil and grease. Allow to dry.
- Sand the surface with 3M™ Sandpaper 80 grit to remove all primer, paint, loose rotted wood or rust extending one to two inches beyond the damaged area. Remove all dust created from sanding. Re-clean following Step #1.
- Open the sealed Bondo® Sun-Activated Filler. Quickly apply a thin layer (1/8 inch) of filler to your repair area using the spreader and firm pressure.
Note: product will not cure or properly bond if applied over an 1/8 inch per layer. Thicker applications can be built up by exposing each 1/8 inch (0.32 cm) layer of filler to direct sunlight to cure. Immediately place a piece of tin foil over the container to avoid pre-UV exposure and then return the white cap.
For exterior use only as product will not cure unless exposed to direct sunlight.
4. After 20 minutes and checking if the initial layer of filler is tacky, sand lightly with 3M™ Sandpaper 80 grit, or use acetone to remove. Continue to apply additional layers in 1/8 inch (0.32 cm) increments as needed.
5. Using 3M™ Sandpaper 80 grit, sand and shape the filled area to the contour of the surface. Feather the edge of the area with 3M™ Sandpaper 180 grit until the surface is smooth.
6. Prime, paint, or apply wood stain to the area per the manufacture’s recommendation. Note: Testing an area is recommended as the filler absorbs the stain differently than wood.
Material will not cure under a regular infrared, incandescent or fluorescent lamp. Do not return unused material to can if it has been exposed to sunlight. Clean tools with acetone or lacquer thinner. For best results apply at 50º F (10º C) or above.